Blogging is considered to be a must have when a small business marketing plan focuses on content marketing or have a high priority social media plan.
Certainly, blogging can be highly rewarding if done rightly. Let’s have an overview of what benefits blogging can bring to your small business;
- Publishing relevant and value-added content regularly on your small business blog helps improving search engine visibility, which ultimately results into bringing more people to your website.
- Publishing more and more relevant content on your blog, makes it easier for your current and potential customers to reach you through search and social media.
- More visitors on website means more potential customers.
- With each piece of content on your business blog, you develop catalog for your potential customers which will serve them till the life of business.
- With your own content catalog, you do not need other resources and links to keep your social media engaging, you have your own database.
- With your own database of content, your social media campaigns will be more result oriented as they are being redirected to your own website from everywhere.
- Customers as they share their opinions by leaving comments actually start a dialogue that increases customer’s engagement to the brand.
- Comments on your blog posts will give immediate insights of what your customers are thinking. You can use this information to generate ideas for more content and to improve products.
- With new content on specific area of business, you’re actually building credibility.
- Each blog post you publish gives you a direct connection to your customer base.
- You can use your blog to share new ideas and get input from users on how they want it to be.
- With a blog, you can gather feedback from your customers before you actually entering into the market of a specific product/service.
- Every time someone lands on your blog, you have a chance to convert them into a regular visitor by enabling options like, sign up for an e-newsletter, download an e-book, schedule a consultation, etc.
- PR needs lot of energy and cost; why not to use your blog for celebrating your success stories and making announcements.
- Depending upon the business model, industry, products and market conditions, benefits of blogging can be many for small business, but it’s definitely not for everyone. Do read if blogging is really for you!
Even if you find that blogging is the right option for your small business, make sure that it must have results too. You publish tens of posts and your phone doesn’t ring once, you must reconsider what and how you are doing it.