You may start commercial window cleaning business as a sole expertise or have it under your general commercial cleaning business. This type of cleaning service business, will however, require sufficient initial investment to buy the required machines and tools. It may also require manpower that has prior hands-on experience in providing Commercial Window & Outdoor Cleaning services. But the good thing is its ROI (Return On Investment) where you can get high paying accounts and possibly even government contracts!
The target market for this type of business is also pretty huge. Not many people can clean windows and outdoors themselves for a lack of the required equipment so have to rely on specialist cleaners.
- Owners and maintainers of high rise buildings and big commercial complexes.
- Shopping mall management that has not employed in-house cleaners.
- Residents that have big windows but not the required time or skills to clean them.
- Residential buildings’ management authorities.
- College and university campuses that employ Commercial Window and Outdoor Cleaning Services from time to time.
- Housekeeping departments of government offices and buildings.
Windows cleaning business will obviously require more expert skills, a lot of stamina and courage. After all, if the job demands you to hang from a high-rise building and clean the windows from outside, would you or an employee be able to do that?
- Anyone starting this type of cleaning business will require things like portable roof diggers, Bosun’s chairs, descending devices and carabiners.
- A flexible body and a strong heart to hang from the air in case of cleaning windows from outside a building/complex.
- Adequate engineering knowledge to know the roof’s strength to use anchors or which type and size of rigger needs to be used.
- In case of outdoor cleaning and a large scale area, the workers need to have enough stamina and strength to clean it in the given time-frame as negotiated in the contract.
Pricing Your Commercial Window & Outdoor Cleaning Services Business
The best thing about Commercial Window & Outdoor Cleaning Service is its profitability.
For Window Cleaning, you can charge as high as $100 per hour depending on the locality and country. This type of job will either be on contract basis based on the number of windows or paid on hourly basis.
Outdoor cleaning can again either be charged on hourly basis or on area basis (a certain amount per square meter). This type of work can also be negotiated to be on daily wages.
Does starting a Commercial Window & Outdoor Cleaning Services Business interest you?