We started with a big list of small business ideas in 2015 that contained more than 550 low cost or no cost small business ideas for big cities as well as for small towns, rural areas, and villages.
The list attracted hundreds and thousands of wannabe entrepreneurs from around the world, and so we enhanced it further in 2016 adding +300 more ideas to it.
The interest of wannabe entrepreneurs kept on rising and so we have added a lot more new business ideas to our small business ideas bank and have compiled a detailed list that contains 1000 plus small business ideas for big and small cities.
Check out our comprehensive lists of small business ideas for 2023 and start your own business with low or no investment!
Startup Ideas by Country
Join Our Small Business Community
Get the latest news, resources and tips to help you and your small business succeed.
United States of America being one of the top and most stable economies in the world open unlimited entrepreneurship opportunities for enthusiastic youth as well as for those senior citizens who are either retired or planning a retirement in some time.
Ease of doing business, easy access to resources, hassle-free availability of mentors and various small business grants make USA, one of the best countries in the world to do business!
Here we have listed the most profitable and low cost business ideas for all the big cities of the US.
- Small Business Ideas for Chattanooga
- Small Business Ideas for Memphis
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Phoenix
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Los Angeles
- 25 Small Business Ideas for San Diego
- 24 Small Business Ideas for San Francisco
- 25 Small Business Ideas for San Jose
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Jacksonville
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Chicago
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Boston
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Detroit
- 25 Small Business Ideas for New York City
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Charlotte
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Philadelphia
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Austin
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Dallas
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Houston
- 25 Small Business Ideas for San Antonio
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Seattle
India is rapidly growing as a small business hub. With developed infrastructure in almost all big cities, there’s plenty of small and micro business opportunities. Setting up and running a business in India is though full of challenges, but opportunities always welcome those who are ready to take challenges. Explore the small business ideas for top Indian cities.
- 40 Low Cost Small Business Ideas for Bangalore (Bengaluru)
- 27 Small Business Ideas for Kolkata with Low Investment
- 25 Low or No Cost Small Business Ideas for Delhi
- 31 Low Investment Small Business Ideas for Pune (the list also includes 12 Profitable Small Business Ideas for Pimpri Chinchwad)
- 23 Small Business Ideas for Mumbai
- 25 Low Investment Small Business Ideas for Hyderabad, India
Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, Port Elizabeth and other South African cities with higher economic activity are small business hubs. That’s not it, South Africa as a whole is emerging as an ideal place for small business setup. Check out 17 Small Business Ideas for South Africa.
Highly developed infrastructure, zero tax and ease of access overall type of resources makes UAE one of the best places in the world to do business. UAE’s business environment is ideal, not just for the UAE nationals, but for expats as well. Explore the list of 20 Best Small Business Ideas for UAE.
Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Gujranwala, Multan and Hyderabad are already small business hubs in Pakistan, but the increasing population and limited job opportunities are encouraging entrepreneurship among Pakistani youth and young individuals from almost all cities are enthusiastic about starting and running their own small business. Do check our list of 25 Small Business Ideas that Can Work Great in Pakistan.
UK’s developed economy and extensive public sector support makes it a fertile ground for small business. If your business idea is something really valuable, you can apply for various grants as well. Do not forget to check our refined list of 51 Low Cost Business Ideas for UK.
Business Ideas by Population Density
We are doing constant efforts to develop lists of low cost and profitable business ideas for every city, but it’s going to take some time. If you’re not a resident of any of the above countries, you may find your dream business idea from our lists below, which are aimed at big cities as well as small towns, villages, and rural areas.
Business Ideas by Category
Success in small businesses largely depends on your interest and efforts. So if you are good at something or have specific skills you may want to pursue that particular idea. Any business idea can be successful if it’s something that you love and it creates value to the target audience. Explore our list of business ideas from various categories and you may find something of great interest!