Are you looking to pursue your passion?
Do you want to make a living by doing what you love rather than doing a boring 9 to 5 desk job?
Or you may want to invent the next big thing or bring innovation to existing solutions.
Well, there can be thousands of reasons to start your own business.
Why start your own business?
The amount of benefits is too large to fit into this one article, but here’s a snapshot of what you can gain from putting in some hard work on a startup:
- Work independently. Who doesn’t want to be their own boss? If you start a business, you will have as much control as you want over what you do, who you work with, and who you take advice from.
- Financial possibility. If your business starts to take off, you will naturally share in most of the profits. You can choose to hire employees to help you, but you decide where the money goes and how much you take out for yourself each year. Be fair, and be conscious that re-investing money is crucial to business success.
- Never stop learning. Starting a business of your own doesn’t guarantee success, but it does guarantee learning experiences. If your business or a part of it doesn’t do as well as you thought, you’ll at least learn why. You can use this knowledge to improve your plans and eventually start a calculated, prolific business.
The Best Small Business Ideas You Can Start in 2021
If you are an aspiring entrepreneur, 2021 is certainly the right time to start your own venture. It’s not just about achieving financial freedom by being your own boss, but you might do great when you do what you love to do!
If you are a wannabe entrepreneur but have no idea what to start, this article will guide you through 1400+ small business ideas that you can start with little or no investment.
Knowing the biggest challenge of new entrepreneurs, “what’s the best business to start in 2021”, we have curated a big list of small businesses that you can start in 2021 with little or no money at all. Moreover, this list includes business ideas for different setups, i.e., big cities, small towns, villages, and rural areas, whether you’re in American, Canada, or frankly, any other city or country you might be living in.
Let’s get started:
185 Most Popular Business Ideas with Little or No Setup Cost:
- 6 Drone Based Business Ideas for Tech Lovers
- 4 Low-Cost Businesses that can be Operated from Anywhere
- 5 Tech Startup Ideas You Can Try Right After College
- 7 Home Based Business Ideas that Don’t Require Much Money
- 3 Easy Businesses Students & Stay at Home Moms Can Start with a Personal Computer
- 5 Home Based Business Ideas that can be Great Side Hustle
- 8 Profitable Small Business Ideas for Families
- 42 Low-Cost Business Ideas for Women
- 7 Part-Time Business Ideas You Can Start & Run Over the Weekend
- 15 Low-Cost Home Based Business Ideas for Extroverts
- 5 Online Business Ideas with Zero Investment
- 5 No Cost Business Ideas for Travel Lovers
- 10 Small Business Ideas for Creative People
- 10 Small Business Ideas for Students
- 7 Profitable Small Business Ideas for Millennials
- 7 Small Business Ideas For Stay at Home Parents
- 7 Outdoor Business Ideas for the Adventure Lovers
- 6 Profitable Business Ideas with Minimal Investment
- 5 Highly Profitable Education Business Ideas
- 10 Low-Cost Profitable Business Ideas for Big Cities
- 11 No Cost Home Based Business Ideas
795 Business Startup Ideas by Country – Including Cities in the USA and Canada
1- Small Business Ideas for the USA: The United States is of the biggest economies in the world and has tons of small business opportunities for enthusiastic youth, women, and retired people and for those who are planning to retire soon. Starting an running a small business anywhere in the United States can be a great experience. However, we have curated lists of small business ideas for the top US cities, and here it goes:
- 7 Small Business Ideas for Chattanooga
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Memphis
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Phoenix
- 20+ Small Business Ideas for Los Angeles
- 25 Small Business Ideas for San Diego
- 24 Small Business Ideas for San Francisco
- 25 Small Business Ideas for San Jose
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Jacksonville
- 20+ Small Business Ideas for Chicago
- 19+ Small Business Ideas for Boston
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Detroit
- 32 Small Business Ideas for New York City
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Charlotte
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Philadelphia
- 20+ Small Business Ideas for Austin
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Dallas
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Houston
- 20+ Small Business Ideas for San Antonio
- 25 Small Business Ideas for Seattle
Though the ease of doing business and availability of resources in the US is not a big problem, this checklist of starting a business in the United States would be quite handy for all new entrepreneurs.
I have a great idea for a faraway city. Is it a good idea to move to?
So, you might consider moving to one of these cities if you’re confident your idea will thrive. But, any entrepreneur needs to do extensive, and we mean extensive market research before making such a big decision. If you’re able to live a nomadic lifestyle, going wherever ideas take you, it’s a privilege. Most of us have to think of many things before just picking up and pursuing an area-focused idea.
The first thing to consider is conducting a demand analysis. Talk to people in the area, research consumer statistics in your target area, and make an educated decision on whether people will actually react well to and buy the product you’re selling. It can be difficult to do, but it really pays off. Be honest with yourself about the results, and if it seems like the idea won’t come to fruition, either reconsider the location or your idea.
If you do your due diligence and market research, are financially able to support yourself and your business and are ultimately ready, nothing is stopping you from moving to chase a dream. Go get ’em! The best part? If you move to a burgeoning city such as the ones listed above, even if one thing doesn’t pan out, the opportunities are almost endless.
2- Small Business Ideas for India: India is a rapidly growing startup hub, and we have witnessed many top Indian startups making buzz globally. Setting up and running a business in India can be challenging, but there are extensive opportunities that make India a great place for entrepreneurs. Here is the list of profitable business ideas for the top Indian cities.
- 40 Low-Cost Small Business Ideas for Bangalore (Bengaluru)
- 27 Small Business Ideas for Kolkata with Low Investment
- 25 Low or No Cost Small Business Ideas for Delhi
- 31 Low Investment Small Business Ideas for Pune
- 23 Small Business Ideas for Mumbai
- 25 Low Investment Small Business Ideas for Hyderabad, India
3- Small Business Opportunities in South Africa: South Africa is the largest, more stable, and growing economy in the African continent. It is emerging as an ideal place for small business setup. The big South African cities like Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, and Port Elizabeth have very high business activity, but that doesn’t make the whole. Even the small towns and rural areas have tons of opportunities. Check out these 17 Small business ideas for South Africa.
4- Small Business Ideas for UAE: With state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities, low tax rate, and ease of access overall type of resources, the United Arab Emirates is the number one choice for young entrepreneurs not just from the UAE but from across the world. The country’s business environment is ideal, not just for the UAE nationals, but for ex-pats as well. Check out the list of 20 Best Small Business Ideas for UAE.
5- Small Business Ideas for Pakistan: The increasing population and limited job opportunities in Pakistan are encouraging entrepreneurship among Pakistani youth as well as women and people of all ages. People from almost all big and small cities are more enthusiastic about starting and running their own small business rather than wasting time. Do check our list of 25 small business ideas for Pakistan that can prove to be highly profitable ventures.
6- Small Business Ideas for the UK: UK’s business environment is highly supportive of entrepreneurship, so starting a business in the UK can be quite rewarding. Do check this list of 51 Low-Cost Business Ideas for the UK.
7- Small Business Ideas for the Philippines: If you live in the Philippines or you are noy expat in any other country and want to return your own plan to become your own boss, do checkese small capital business ideas for the ippines. There’s no denying that the Philippines is one of the countries with the highest literacy rate in the world, which makes it the best place for entrepreneurs.
8- Small Business Ideas & Opportunities for Spain: Spain is one of the lucrative European economies that offers great rewards for entrepreneurship. If you have a really valuable business idea for Spain and are enthusiastic about it, nothing can stop you from making it happen. But just in case, if you do not know what type of business to start in Spain, here is our list of 5 profitable small business ideas for Spain.
9- Small Business Ideas for Jamaica: The Caribbean island is one of the top tourist destinations. It creates a big market for local entrepreneurs and foreign investors to fill in the missing spots and offer products and services accordingly. There can be tens of profitable business ideas that can do great in the country. However, these 5 low-cost business ideas for Jamaica are at the top of the list.
33 Business Ideas by Population Density
We are making constant efforts to develop lists of low cost and profitable business ideas for every city, but it’s going to take some time. If you aren’t from of any of the above countries, you may find dream business ideas below. These are aimed at big cities as well as small towns, villages, and rural areas.
- Small Business Ideas for Big Cities
- Small Business Ideas for Small Towns, villages & rural areas
- Cleaning Business Ideas Metropolitan Cities
435 Business Ideas by Category:
Success in small business largely depends on your interest and efforts. So if you are good at something or have specific skills, you may want to pursue that particular idea. Any business idea can be successful if it’s something that you love, and it creates value for the target audience. Explore our list of business ideas from various categories, and you may find something of great interest!
- Healthcare Business Ideas for Young Entrepreneurs
- Small Business Ideas for Golf Courses
- Home Based Business Ideas
- Online Business Ideas
- Pet & Animals Related Business Ideas
- Real Estate Business Ideas
- Travel Business Ideas
- Food Business Ideas
- Writing Business Ideas
- Beauty Business Ideas
- Clothing Business Ideas
- Interior Design Business Ideas
- Consulting Business Ideas
- Adventure Business Ideas
- Dining Business Ideas
- Editing & Publishing Business Ideas
- Personal Care Business Ideas
- Fashion Business Ideas
- Interior Decoration Business Ideas
With this extensive list of business ideas in hand, I hope you make the most out of 2020. No matter how great a business idea you have, it takes a lot of hard work and commitment to succeed.