Content marketing is becoming one of the best ways for small businesses to keep the business in good health. It’s not just helpful in urging customers to buy your products but is also supportive for customers to recommend the product in their circles.
The only problem with content marketing is that it is not easy to do and requires a really serious time and effort. Content marketing seems fun in the initial, but as it grows you’ll discover there are more and more tasks you need to do but don’t have time to do so!
As a content marketer, I have been trying out various ways to optimize my content marketing efforts with proper strategy and a clearly outlines content marketing editorial calendar and now I am very much confident that outsourcing some of the content marketing tasks is a great way to make most out of your content marketing efforts.
You may be amazed to know the fact that 72% of large organizations and 33% of small companies outsource their content creation. And if you are a marketer; you’re not alone, 64% of B2B marketers outsource their writing in some capacity!
In my opinion, outsourcing some of the day to day marketing tasks is a must for content marketers, and especially if you are working on a startup with budget constraints. Because at the day end it is ROI that matters!
So, here in this article, I will list all those content marketing tasks that can be outsourced with minimal supervision. Here goes the list:
On-Site Content Marketing Tasks that Can Be Outsourced:
- Moderating blog comments & filtering spam.
- Responding to the comments on your blog.
- Finding images and videos for blog posts; especially when you even do not have time to use tools to create content marketing material.
- Publishing and scheduling blog posts.
- Adding Meta descriptions, tags, and images to blog posts.
- Finding statistics, infographics, and other data types, i.e. videos, gifs, etc. to incorporate into posts.
- Proofreading for spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and awkward phrasing.
- Making adjustments to older blog posts as new data is unveiled, updating links to new posts in master blog posts, etc.
- Creating internal links to existing posts, checking for broken links, and fixing the same.
- Keeping an inventory of posts and the keywords used and updating the team of freelance writers.
Join Our Small Business Community
Get the latest news, resources and tips to help you and your small business succeed.
Off-Site Content Marketing Tasks that Can Be Outsourced:
- Sharing company blog posts and guest posts over social media platforms. But, make sure your virtual assistant know how to tweak same content for multiple social media platforms.
- Keeping the audience engaged by replying to their queries etc.
- Discovering new ways to increase engagement with the content.
- Hunting down guest blog opportunities and pitching the bloggers.
- Reaching out to influencers in your industry and communicating the messages to them.
- Creating off-site content that links back to your website and blog.
- Repurposing the blog content for guest blog posts.
- Creating and managing your content marketing editorial calendar.
- Building spreadsheets and keeping a track record of content marketing efforts, i.e. keywords, topics, blogs.
- Backing up all the content in the Cloud.
- Converting files and editing images, videos, and other media.
- Keeping track of your content marketing budget.
- Ensuring content responsiveness.
- Collecting content marketing stats.
- Presenting the stats in measurable form after doing basic analysis.
The above list includes some definitive tasks that can be measured easily with simple reports, so outsourcing your content marketing will bring increased ROI while giving you more space and time to explore the next strategic moves!