Office clearance is indeed a hectic task. But, with the right clearance company you won’t have to break a sweat. Whether you’re planning an office move or an office renovation, it would call for an office clearance. Aside from having your stuff moved to your new location in case of an office move, an office clearance will enable you to get rid of the things you no longer need or use.
When it comes to the workplace, more focus will be on minimizing disruptions on workflow. You want an efficient exercise that will be completed within the right timescope. Discussed below are 5 handy tips on how to make the most of your office clearance.
Set a timeline
It is important to map out a timeline for the clearance exercise. In most situations, the size of the office and amount of work play an important role in determining this. This way you’ll be able to plan your clearance on time.
Review your lease
If you’re planning a move it would be important for you to review your current as well as your new lease for you to make the most of your clearance. You’d also be able to avoid any penalties and extra charges that may be incurred.
Establish the items you need to keep
Having a clear list of the items you want to be cleared from your office will help proper planning of the exercise. You will also be able to collaborate with your office clearance company in establishing a clear timeline within which the work should be completed.
Join Our Small Business Community
Get the latest news, resources and tips to help you and your small business succeed.
Choose an eco-friendly approach
When it comes to disposing of the unwanted stuff you can either decide to recycle, reuse, donate or even upcycle. This way, you get to do something that benefits the environment.
Choose a reliable clearance company for the job
One way to make the most of your clearance is hiring a reliable clearance company. If they’re effective, you’ll be able to minimise the downtime for your business.
Choosing the right furniture during an office move
The type of furniture in an office plays a very important role in impacting employee productivity levels. Whether it’s secondhand or new furniture, you should select the option that’s suitable for your working space. As pointed out by experts at Rethink Office Furniture, opting for second hand furniture is cost effective since you get to save money.
Below are some of the things you should consider when choosing the right furniture for your office.
- The amount of space available. This will dictate the amount of furniture you’ll have since you won’t want to have a congested space.
- The durability of the furniture.
- Your budget. As mentioned earlier, if you’re on a tight budget, you can always opt for secondhand furniture.
- Design. Is the furniture design suitable for your workplace?
- Comfort of the furniture. Having comfortable furniture in the office is essential in enhancing the productivity of the staff members. A recommended choice would be ergonomic furniture which caters for both health and comfort.
- The looks and functionality of the furniture. The kind of furniture you have in your office determines the first impression your clients or visitors see when they visit. You can also opt for furniture with multiple functionality.
- Electronics accommodation. You can opt for furniture that has built-in USB and power outlets.
- Your office needs. By identifying your office needs, you’ll be able to determine the type of furniture that you’ll need to use.
- Office layout. This will determine the size and type of furniture you choose since it should allow for adequate space to comfortably move around in the office.
Choosing the right furniture for your office may not be an easy task but it’s something you have to do. Not only does it impact the productivity of your employees but it also has an effect on the wellness of your employees. Hiring an expert to help you out with either the office clearance or furniture selection will leave you with one less thing to worry about.