Blogging is on the rise since its inception and has been a steadily increasing practice for almost all big and small businesses. Companies regardless of size, specialty and location are using blogging as an essential marketing tool.
According to researchers, in 2011 only B2B marketers increased their use of blogs by 27% and blogging stands third in content marketing activities.
Industry stats are very much favorable for you to opt to blog as a marketing medium, so if you’re not blogging already, you must think of considering it on a serious note. However, an industry trend doesn’t always mean you should follow it; you must analyze your capabilities, goals, and grounds before taking a decision.
This article will identify whether or not you should be blogging; based on the fact that for whom blogging is and who should not consider it!
Blogging is a Must if:
- Your business is eager to build communities that are focused on educating target audience and answer their queries.
- You want to discuss the relevant issues/topics for product innovation purpose, i.e. product upgrades, new product ideas, bug fixing and so on.
- You are going to be prominent on Social Media by allocating sufficient budget for social media marketing. Using the company blog as a repository for your social media campaigns will be a great idea.
- You want to rank higher in organic search for relevant search terms; in that case, you must have a proper content marketing plan with an editorial calendar.
- You want to provide better customer services; you may have an FAQ section, but using your company blog for improving customer service is a great way, i.e. you can publish detailed guides for seasonal promotions.
Blogging is not a suitable option if:
Join Our Small Business Community
Get the latest news, resources and tips to help you and your small business succeed.
- Your businesses require not to be open with information.
- You do not have time to maintain your business blog (although outsourcing can help, you need to benchmark at least).
- Your business lacks the required expertise.
- You do not want to experiment new things.
So, it all depends on your specific short- and long-term and available resources. But one thing you must make sure before investing into content marketing via blogs and that is ROI.