So, you are running out of time and have to present business plan in the upcoming meeting with investor/financier? I have already published a guide to write one page business plan, but writing comes second; you must have an outline first.
So this article will cover the outlines of a simple/brief business plan. Once you have an outline, you can develop a quick business plan either it’s one page or comprises of a few.
Let’s move to the outlines of a simple business plan;
1. Executive Summary: this content highlights the key points you’ve made in your entire business plan. It’s the doorway to your plan, but you should write this at the end, just to make sure you give a clear picture of what’s inside!
2. Company Summary: an overview of who you are and what you do. Summarize the vision of your business with the details about incorporation and related statistics.
3. Products and Services: a list of all products and or services you sell. You may need to include tables and charts for details, detailed price lists etc.
4. Market Analysis Summary: this section explains the type of business you are doings,what are your customers’ needs, where your customers are based, how will you reach them and what actually is the value your business is bringing to the customers and the society as a whole.
5. Strategies & Implementation: strategies may not be documented at an instance, but you need to have a clear action plan that highlights what techniques you will be using to promote and sell the products, who will be responsible and of course clear timeline with measurable benchmarking methodology.
6. Management Summary: this section covers the organization of your business, and the key members of the management team. Summaries of the professional background of team members enhances your business plan and attracts the attention of investors.
7. The Financial Plan: you need to present the projected Profit and Loss and Cash Flow tables, sales forecast, business ratios, and a break-even analysis etc.
Having this much in a business plan will definitely make it worth considering for the investors. Although, it can help anyone, but in some cases depending upon your industry and specifically the products, you may alter the arrangement and also add more points to the above list!