Video about the company with insightful content, how-tos, and tutorials is one of the great tools to attract potential customers, create a connection with them, and raise sales. That is why YouTube is one of the powerful tools to increase brand awareness and promote business. The platform is constantly evolving, offering new features such as YouTube Shorts micro-content creation, similar to TikTok and Instagram Reels.
If you are still wondering whether you need to create YouTube account for business, it’s not too late to get started. The process of starting the channel is free, quick, and relatively straightforward, so it can take a few minutes. This guide will help you to set up a YouTube account in five simple steps and make it successful without lots of work.
Steps to Follow When Creating YouTube Account for Business
Before you get started, you need to have a Google account, so if your organization is already using Gmail, you can skip this stage. Anyway, we recommend you split off accounts and create new login specifically for your YouTube needs. This way, you wouldn’t worry about security issues when it comes to sharing the account with employees or assistants. So, here we go:
1. Register the new Google account.
You can use any name for your login; it doesn’t have to be brand-related as you will have the option to name the YouTube channel as you wish. Your email address is just your key to moving forward.
2. Create a brand’s channel on YouTube.
Go to the YouTube homepage, сlick “Create a New Channel,” and pick “Use a business or other name.” After that, you are in! You can play with settings, assign access rights to your employees, and use YouTube Analytics to get info about your content and its popularity.
Join Our Small Business Community
Get the latest news, resources and tips to help you and your small business succeed.
3. Personalize your account.
Click on the “Customize Channel” button and fill out the details of your YouTube business using descriptive keywords that will help your account appear in searches. Change your profile and banner image to make your page unique and recognizable.
4. Upload your video content.
It can be videos about your product, professionally produced testimonials, behind-the-scenes or short daily reports, interviews, and webinars. Remember to consider the interests of your target audience when creating content.
5. Optimize your channel and videos for discovery.
Make sure all your titles include keywords and arouse the interest of web users. Add relevant tags to reach the target audience.
What Makes a Business YouTube Channel Successful?
Even a perfectly designed YouTube account with great videos is nothing without viewers and subscribers. It’s not enough to upload eye-catching art and amazing content to gain popularity. To draw in viewers, you have to master your account:
- Creating the titles and descriptions, use SEO tricks to make them visible to search engines: use keywords and tags; add the transcript of your video.
- Post your videos in the most engaging time using your channel analytics data. Publish your content regularly and consistently — plan your posting and try to keep the quality of your videos.
- Know your audience, give exactly what it wants, and interact with viewers: ask for feedback, reply to comments, and organize YouTube Live events.
- Don’t forget about marketing strategies to grow your audience outside of YouTube, promoting your brand’s channel in the company blog, sending out a newsletter, or adding a link to your business YouTube account on your other platforms.
- Follow channels and “Like” the content of industry leaders and influencers to show your subscribers that you are an active participant in the community.