Providing such cleaning service can be more complex than residential cleaning services. Commercial Office & Kitchen Cleaning Services Business will not just require more manpower and more skills but a lot more professionalism and better marketing and above all, it requires a complete business plan, i.e. how you are going to start and then grow the business.
This article will discuss the scope of commercial office and kitchen cleaning business, estimated startup cost, skills, and equipment required to start a commercial cleaning business and how to price it correctly.
Think big. Your target market is every office in the locality, every commercial business and every commercial kitchen of every restaurant or coffee shop in your city.
- Shops and outlets that have not employed cleaning personnel.
- Restaurants that need to keep their kitchens clean and hygienic.
- Owners of small offices who cannot spare time and energy to keep their space clean.
- Large commercial enterprises that award cleaning contracts to specialist cleaning companies.
- Home-based offices and bakery kitchens.
Since commercial office and kitchen cleaning service business is obviously going to be on a much larger scale with potentially more human resources, you need to master how to be a great entrepreneur and think like one. Do not forget to have a quick look at some basic skills needed to run a cleaning business. The other skills merely follow after that.
- Team management and an eye to employing people who know their job.
- Knowledge and expertise about how to clean different types of floors and materials. Don’t mop the carpet or vacuum marble floors!
- Information on how and when to use different cleaning agents.
- Supervising attitude if you’re working with a team and a proactive approach if going solo.
- Knowledge about taking adequate safety precautions and how to deal with an accidental emergency.
- Ability to do research for marketing your commercial cleaning business.
- Ability to produce adequate sales per month to keep the business on profit.
Since commercial cleaning business requires proper licensing, public liability insurance, cleaning business name registration, and good quality tools, you do need sufficient money to invest. Depending upon the city of operation, the cost may vary from $2500 to $10000, but you can save a lot of money by purchasing used cleaning business equipment and tools in good condition.
Running or overhead costs for a cleaning business are not that high if you pay your workers for the work they do. But there should be emergency startup fund available, so you should not run out of money while doing business.
Pricing Your Commercial Office & Kitchen Cleaning Services Business
The prices will obviously vary for each client. A bigger commercial enterprise can perhaps afford to pay more than a young chief who has recently opened his restaurant. Some businesses can be charged monthly and some will have to be billed weekly or on per hour basis. This decision will have to be mutually agreed in the initial phase of your business.
Does Starting a Commercial Office & Kitchen Cleaning Services Business Seem a Feasible Prospect? Find a complete step by step guide on starting a cleaning business from scratch.