Gutter cleaning business can be a great low cost business ideas, as it doesn’t require any heavy equipment; with a single ladder, garden hose, and basic transportation you are all set to offer gutter cleaning services. However, it may not suit everyone, as it requires a lot of hard work both for cleaning gutters and bringing the business in.
Let me tell you that you can make up to $200 to $300 per day cleaning leaves and other debris from rain gutters, however, it may not be the case every day, so you should have a few other services to offer as well.
There is a huge market for Gutter Cleaning Services Business, especially if combined with other types of cleaning services, including Commercial Window & Outdoor Cleaning Services.
- Organizations which might have gutters in their buildings that are clogged or dirty.
- Homeowners who do not have the time or resources to clean gutters themselves.
- Local municipal authorities that outsource such tasks to private contractors.
- Restaurants, hospitals, and other private businesses that require gutters to be cleaned.
You may market your cleaning service by designing a flier outlining the details of your cleaning service, along with contact information and hand-deliver the fliers to homes in residential and commercial neighborhoods. Having a special promotion on the flier, such as a 20% discount, buy 2 get 1 free and so on can greatly help you secure work quickly. In addition to single-family homes, you can also contact buildings and businesses for long term contract.
Such a business will require one to be physically and mentally fit. It is hard labor and may require the cleaner to work long and or in difficult hours.
- Equipment like high powered water hoses, leaf blowers and ladders will be required along with safety equipment for the workers. If you are starting gutter cleaning service along with other cleaning services, do check this list of equipment required for cleaning business.
- Accidental or life insurance in case they have to go down the manholes or in difficult areas.
- Environment friendly chemicals to unclog blocked pipes.
- Business license as required by the state. Find more information on your local authority’s website.
Pricing The Gutter Cleaning Services Business:
Since gutter cleaning can be a difficult task involving risks, the price charged can be higher than compared to other cleaning services. It can be charged at a flat rate set for each building (keeping in mind its square foot area), or according to the length of the gutter.