Traditionally, managers own the hiring process, but when it comes to startup success, collaborative hiring model works way better than the top-down decision-making. Big companies like Google, Facebook, Apple and others have already tried and tested the model and are very happy to continue with it.
Collaborative hiring” or “team-based hiring,” is a process whereby the most members of the team are involved in the hiring process; the higher level of employee involvement leads to diverse assessment which improves the overall process and you hire the best candidates.
Some of the most common benefits of collaborative hiring include:
- Improved hiring results because of 360-degree feedback.
- Fewer irritated new hires, as they continually interact with future teammates, they are likely to get a realistic job preview.
- Diverse opinions reduce major hiring errors.
- Employee involvement improves their confidence and motivates them to grow with the company.
- Increased employee retention, as they feel being an integral part of the organization.
- Improved productivity; when the new hires speed up more rapidly.
Well, every good thing comes with some challenges and so is the case of collaborative hiring. With so, many benefits, this new concept has some issues, i.e. you won’t find any well-documented literature, guidelines, and help to integrate the process well with your organizational structure.
A good recruitment software can, however, minimize the major challenges associated with collaborative hiring. Recruitee is one such software that you can trust when implementing collaborative hiring within your organization.
Recruitee serves as an efficient cloud hiring tool for teams, whereby they can handle the hiring process more effectively, yet easily. It integrates four products in one platform, i.e.
- Employer branding; using easy Careers Site editor any team member can style and maintain a perfect mobile-optimized career site (integrated within your website).
- Job promoting; using 20+ free job boards, and 400+ premium job boards with discounts up to 30%, you can reach a broader audience then you could have reached with a traditional job posting.
- Talent sourcing; with Recruitee’s sourcing extension, you can import passive candidates from any websites, i.e. GitHub, Twitter, Facebook, and more.
- Applicant tracking software; with all candidates, all data, and all to-do’s in one place, applicant’s tracking and analysis becomes easier and smoother than ever before!
If you are, serious about your startup and want to build great teams, Recruitee is a must try. You can even use a free trial to test how it goes:
The Bottom Line:
Collaborative hiring is a highly effective way to build winning teams, however, it comes with some challenges. But if you are determined, there’s always a way!