The on-call handyman services are much in demand and can prove to be one of the highly profitable business ideas, especially in big cities whereby people look for handymen for a range of minor and major fixing tasks. It may be a minor plumbing, electrical, furniture assembling or fixtures related work or complete home or office remodeling, when a handyman is the most trusted person to do the things correctly, however, he might not be able to deliver as expected if he doesn’t have right tools in hand or the tools in hand are not working properly.
If you are planning to start a handyman services business as an independent contractor, plumber, HVAC specialist, electrician etc. or you have already started such a business, I am sure you would be investing in best quality handyman tools because they are going to be your success partners.
The quality tools are an expensive investment, and leaving them out in the open is unwise; this is why you must look for a tool box to keep your valuable equipment.
This article will guide you through quick steps to buy the right tool box for your handyman business.
Step 1: Finding the toolbox that meets your requirements;
Remember that the best tool box is one that meets your business requirements fully, i.e. it can hold all the tools and can fit well within your pickup truck. To identify such a toolbox do the following:
- Assemble all your tools at one place and look at which of these should go in the toolbox.
- Measure the exact space you have in the pickup truck.
Doing the above two actions will give you a clear idea about the right size of the toolbox. But size is not the only factor that matters. There are some more factors to be considered, i.e.:
- If you have lots of small tools, you should look for a toolbox with lots of small compartments and or one with a removable tray so you don’t lose small tools or get them mixed up with each other.
- A tool bag may be great for carrying small tools for minor tasks, but it might not be a good choice when you have to complete a job outdoors in poor conditions. So, consider a tool box which is strong yet lightweight to carry.
- Generally, tool boxes are available in steel, aluminum, and heavy-duty plastic materials, and each material has its own pros and cons. Plastic tool boxes are lightweight, cheaper and easy to carry, but they might not be a good choice for poor conditions. Aluminum is strong, durable, resistant to corrosion and but lightweight like plastic, but the cost is higher than plastic. Steel comes with exceptional durability, strength, and longevity, but it’s not light weight and also costs a handsome amount.
- The tool box style is also of prime importance, as it matters when it comes to fit the box within specific space. The best way is to check for Top Mount, Side Mount, Crossbed, Hitch Mount, and Tailor Tongue styles in pictures and also in a local supermarket and you can better decide which one to buy.
Step 2: Buying the tool box that meets your requirements:
Now as you have a clear idea of what you need, you can search for one with exact specification online or offline. If you prefer buying online, so try finding it on eBay because you can find one with the best price on eBay. But, it’s not necessary to buy from eBay right in the first go, rather calculate shipping costs, check seller’s reputation and do some research in the local hypermarket or supermarket as well.