It is a well-known fact that human beings are visual creatures. So it should come as no surprise that visual navigation can simplify our decision-making process. For business owners, this means they should make use of data visualization to improve communication with their audiences.
In that context, interactive maps are powerful tools that allow you to present data in a way that makes it simple to identify, locate, manipulate, format, and communicate information. Interactive maps are web-based maps that allow user interaction so that they can find the information they’re looking for. These can be geographical maps that display data related to a specific location, or they can use layers in order to showcase multiple data sets.
Interactive maps can be added to your website to promote user engagement and improve the customer experience.
How to add an interactive map to your website?
Interactive maps can be a great way to provide engaging experiences for your website visitors. These maps can be used to display points of interest or show directions. Nowadays, anyone can make an interactive map that can easily be embedded on their website with the right tools.
Mapping tools, such as Mapize, make it easy to create interactive maps quickly and with no coding skills required. This will give your visitors an engaging experience every time they visit your site. Thanks to these types of software solutions, you can easily update and customize the appearance of your map.
Join Our Small Business Community
Get the latest news, resources and tips to help you and your small business succeed.
When internet users visit your business website, they already know what type of information they are looking for. But it is up to you to find ways to communicate that information in a way that makes sense to them. Using an interactive map to present data to your website visitors allows them to consume it when they want to. All you need to do is embed the map on your website so that they click through and discover information.
Interactivity and visual communication are key to removing any barriers to written communication in a world where visuals are the most popular content format. This allows the audience to be more informed, and draw their own conclusions.
Interactive elements enable website owners to transform complex information into an engaging experience for the person receiving it. In addition to interactive maps, other useful formats include interactive infographics and interactive timelines. So establish your goals and choose the one that suits your communication needs the most.
Personalize the user experience
Personalized user experiences are essential for any business with a digital presence, regardless of the product or service you offer. In fact, research shows that 80% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a company that provides a personalized experience.
Luckily, interactive maps can be fully customized to meet your business needs and provide additional value for the user. You could easily use established-geographical technology, such as GPS, to connect a user’s location with the location of one of your stores. User-generated content (UGC) could also be added to your interactive maps, providing social proof and establishing a relationship between you and your prospective customers.
Interactive maps and data visualization
Interactive maps offer real-time, contextual, and dynamic data visualization:
- Data is presented in real-time. It only takes a few seconds for you to update your interactive map and give information in real time. Because information is constantly changing, it’s easy to make informed decisions and take prompt action.
- Interactive maps simplify collaboration. Many interactive maps are cloud-based. This makes it easier for multiple users or groups to view and update these maps simultaneously. There are no inconsistencies when viewing maps because information can be updated instantly.
- Derive correlation. These tools help users to identify areas that require attention, identify trends, and establish dynamic relationships based on multiple data streams.
- Drive processes. Interactive maps are a great way to make informed decisions. These maps allow users to set KPIs and then use the color-coded information for each stage of the process to accomplish them.
- Geo-specific information to track progress on goals. Because data is available based on geographic locations, it is possible to track metrics based regionally. For instance, you can gain insights into how your business performs at different locations. Your plans can now be made for specific places instead of being the same everywhere.
Interactive maps are treasure maps. They provide a flexible and efficient way to communicate. It’s no wonder that websites and business owners love them. Showcase your data in a customized interactive map whenever possible. It’s the best way to engage your audience visually and powerfully. Interactive maps can improve your communication and make it easier for your audience to understand the information.