If you have interest in creating magic with powders, lipsticks etc and transforming ordinary faces into the focus of attention is something you love doing most; starting a makeup artist business is probably the best idea for you. As a makeup artist you will finding business is not a big deal, because everyone in the world wants to look beautiful. Makeup is a day to day requirement, let it be parties, weddings, magazine photo-shoots, makeovers or anything similar, a makeup artist is always sought after in all the cases, either to create the beauty or enhance it.
Makeup Artist Business Overview
Basic Requirements to Start Makeup Artist Business
- Startup Cost Range: Under $1,000
- Business Type: Home Based/Part Time/Full Time
- Required Skills: expertise in makeup application, knowledge of latest industry trends, products information, and certification is a big plus.
- Requires Licensing: Yes
- Required Equipment: Makeup products, brushes and accessories
Complete Guide to Start Makeup Artistry Business
- How to Setup Makeup Artist Business
- How to Name Your Makeup Artist Business Brand
- Makeup Artist Business Plan Sample & Writing Guidelines
- How to Market Makeup Artist Services Business
- Makeup Artist Business Card Samples
Makeup Artist Business Market Overview
Join Our Small Business Community
Get the latest news, resources and tips to help you and your small business succeed.
As a makeup artist you can find business anywhere, let it be a cost effective service in low profile areas or a celebrity/model-makeup/high end service in high profile areas. You can also market your services in various packages, i.e. casual makeup, hairstyling, weddings and special events make up, makeovers etc. To sell a cost effective service is probably the easiest one, however, to sell luxurious service you need to incur additional marketing costs.