People live busy lives in today’s fast-paced world and what they crave the most is convenience. This is why Pick & Delivery Dry Cleaning Services Business can be one of the highly profitable business ideas, especially in big cities where there is a massive working population who looks for dry cleaning services at convenience.
How to Start a Dry Cleaning Business
This type of work can be undertaken either alone or with a group of employees. The owner can also either choose to acquire his own dry cleaning plant or sub-contract the work to another dry cleaning business while he himself only offers to pick and deliver. The business plan for a dry cleaning service of this kind will be based on the scale the business wants to be started on and most importantly the budget in hand.
The target market for this kind of business is extremely vast. Let’s admit who doesn’t get their clothes dry cleaned, at least once in a while?
Join Our Small Business Community
Get the latest news, resources and tips to help you and your small business succeed.
- Working women who prefer to send clothes etc for dry cleaning instead of doing the laundry themselves.
- Men/women who have tailor-made suits that must only be dry cleaned.
- Students who can afford to get their clothes dry cleaned.
- People who have to get their quilts, curtains, duvets, etc washed every season.
- Established dry cleaning businesses that may just require your pick and drop services and vice versa.
- Other types of cleaning businesses that want to enhance their range of services.
Skills required will depend on nature and investment made in the business. Is it a Pick & Delivery Dry Cleaning Services Business that only provides pick and drop or dry cleaning services as well? For the former, all you need is an appropriate vehicle and a driving license. For the latter, one should have the following things:
- Proper dry cleaning plant and information about how to use it.
- Knowledge of dry cleaning and which ingredients must be used for specific types of clothing.
- Basic familiarity with dry cleaning machine in case it breaks down and an auto-repair shop is not nearby or is closed.
- Time management skills since clients pay great emphasis on the punctuality of each delivery.
Cost of Starting a Pick & Delivery Dry Cleaning Service:
A dry-cleaning business can be started for under $2,000, depending upon the location, but it does require some high-end equipment which may cost up to $40,000. You can alternatively hire equipment on the lease as well or if you are partnering with some other businesses, you may only need a delivery van.
The startup cost for a dry cleaning business may go up to as much as $500,000, but starting small is always better!
Pricing Your Pick & Delivery Dry Cleaning Services Business
The pricing of this type of business can be broken down into two parts.
Delivery services can be free within a certain distance if one is also providing dry cleaning services. Otherwise per mile/km cost can be charged.
Dry cleaning services are generally charged per clothing piece; so a quilt can be charged more as compared to clothes. This will have to be decided according to what other competitors are offering.
Looking forward to starting your own Pick & Delivery Dry Cleaning Services Business?