Pool Cleaning Services Business can be a profitable source of income, especially for the entrepreneurs who live in an area with warm climate or with frequent seasonal disruptions like thunderstorms and winds. And in case, if you do not live in such an area, you must explore areas where more building with pools are available and they require frequent cleaning, i.e. hotels, fitness clubs, kids pools etc.
Unlike other types of cleaning services, i.e. residential cleaning business, commercial cleaning business, windows and outdoor cleaning business etc. this type of cleaning business requires more investment as and perhaps more physical strength too. Ideally, you should have a cleaning staff, and you should be working on getting business. Since, this requires dealing with more commercial concerns, you must consider your job as a sale guy.
So, if you are interested in starting cleaning business from scratch and want to see if pool cleaning is something you should offer or not, we have listed all the details that you should know.
The demand for such a business is exponential. Swimming pools are a great people attraction, specially in the summers. So much so that even some modern houses have built-in pools.
- Apartment buildings that generally have pools.
- Exclusive clubs that provide swimming pools to their members.
- Residential units that have built-in pools.
- Schools, universities and even some offices.
- Excellent physical health.
- Sufficient investment to buy pool cleaning equipment and relevant chemicals. Try to get your hands on environment friendly products to give you an edge over the competition.
- The required license or certification. Get in touch with your local authority for more information.
- Be a swimmer for obvious reasons.
Pricing Your Pool Cleaning Services Business
How the clients are charged will vary on each negotiation, specially since this business will be a startup. The pool cleaning services can either be charged per job or on monthly contractual basis. For example, each cleaning service provided can be charged separately, or if the client has hired the startup for a certain period of time, then the contract will have to stipulate the price charged after mutual consent of both parties.
Interested to start your own Pool Cleaning Services Business?