Old-fashioned school schedules printed or even handwritten on a large sheet of paper will eventually be remembered only in old films about schools and teens. Today, everything is digital; both children, as well as their parents, type much more quickly than they used to.
The majority of educational activities are now administered via IT platforms such as ThinkWave lessons, and the market for school administration software is forecast to reach 41 billion dollars by 2028.
According to a recent Gartner estimate, virtually all public schools (90 percent) will offer a blend of in-class as well as remote learning by the end of 2025. Without a doubt, the educational industry is undergoing a digital change.
Right now, schools have been forced to develop an entirely new system of educational process management that could very well streamline the school’s standard components like a timetable, online home-school books, etc., and this will lead to a strong foundation for e-learning for students who will not be able to attend the class in person.
In this post, we’re going to explain how to develop a school administration system, from concept to implementation.
Join Our Small Business Community
Get the latest news, resources and tips to help you and your small business succeed.
The Advantages of Educational Management Software
The benefits that school management systems provide vary according to the type of user. Let us determine what they are.
- It automates a tedious administrative task and saves time. School administration software automates the most time-consuming chores (lesson planning, attendance control).
- It assists in streamlining and speeding up the scheduling process. Due to the fact that everyone is linked, class schedules can be arranged online – there is no need to organize several meetings and handle overlaps because the drag and drop feature significantly simplifies the lives of administrators and teachers.
- It streamlines test administration and securely records students’ grade books online. Teachers just need to enter their students’ test results, and school administration software will produce personal grade books automatically.
- It is responsible for reporting. Teachers need just to enter data on student learning during classes, and the program will process it and provide the relevant reports based on specified parameters.
- It organizes the educational process and serves as a reminder to scholars about upcoming examinations and other school activities. It also makes the whole learning process less vexing for adolescents;
- It ensures that all course content is easily accessible and well-structured. That is highly beneficial, as the majority of students misplace their class books and forget what was covered in class;
- It makes the schedule readily available at any time of day or night. Scholars only just check their school’s mobile app to complete the process!
- It enhances the enjoyment of studying. Teachers may devote greater attention to the information they present when the overall amount of anxiety is reduced due to the software’s easy management of all operations. Scholars gain first, as they get increased positive as well as engaging attention from professors.
- It facilitates and expedites communication between instructors and parents. Schools, as well as institutes, can also employ automatic SMS dissemination to keep parents informed. Parents have excellent communication tools available to them for talking not just with instructors but also with other parents – they may exchange comments on the site.
- It can be advantageous to have a more significant influence over a child’s academic life. All data is saved centrally and is immediately available to parents.
- It improves children’s safety by monitoring their attendance and movements using bus-tracking technologies such as biometric systems. Parents can always track their children’s whereabouts in real-time using smartphone applications.
- It simplifies payment – attendance fees may be paid online, and due dates and penalties are readily available to parents in the system.
Ideas in Developing Your ThinkWave School Management Software
As with any other IT development project, everything begins with the formulation of objectives and critical tasks. In determining the scope of work, you can start by defining what kind of school management software you want to employ and then make a list of the features that will be required, then make a description of all the processes and identify those that you deemed fit to be digitalized.
You must also make a forecast of the estimated number of users of the software, e.g., teachers, parents, students, and administrators. This information will guide the developers toward the system design, which in its broadest sense consists of the following blocks:
- Online portal application for mobile devices
- The backend database as well as the webserver
The backend portion of the body contains the following:
- Section administrative such as finance and fees, master data, and students record
- An area for educators such as profiles for the teacher, timetables, attendance records, and reporting
- A place for students such as student profiles, parents information, exams, and tests
- Section for parents like scholars performance tracking, evaluations, and teachers notes for parents
When the design of your school management system is complete, you must decide on the technology stack you want to use – the collection of computer frameworks, languages, and other software that constructs the entire program in the state that it is in at the conclusion of the development process.
Things to consider while discussing your technology stack with your development team:
- Experience developing e-learning platforms and enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions. You need to work with a firm that will subsequently provide you with a high-quality product (experience and a strong portfolio are required), as well as solid customer service and product integration.
- Pricing. The cost of school administration software is determined by a variety of aspects, including scalability, flexibility, student availability, fee management, payroll management, transportation management, which maintains track of kids’ locations and communicates them to parents, and inventory management. On average, developer labor begins at $25 US per hour and the number of hours required depends on the scale of your project, and the overall cost of bespoke SMS creation often begins at $25000 US.
- Timing. Prepare for a lengthy voyage; even a simple school administration system requires between six and twelve months of effort due to the complexity of the software product and the length of time needed for each stage.