Most successful businesses had gone through thick and thin when they were just a startup.
Some of the most famous CEOs today even had to take loans to put their plans into motion, while others stumbled along the way and made mistakes.
4 Tips For Growing Your Startup
After all, startups have always been one of the most challenging businesses to grow and the beginning is always the hardest part, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make it easier.
Remember, those before you have already created a path. Now you have the option to tread that path or make your own.
Whatever your choice is, these tips will surely help you grow your startup from the ground up.
Build And Manage Your Team From The Ground Up
Team management is one of the most crucial elements of a business. Working alone may bring you results, but it’s not going to be enough to turn into success.
As they say, teamwork makes the dream work.
The problem is, if you don’t have much experience managing teams, chances are you’re going to make disastrous mistakes, so how can you manage your team more efficiently?
Join Our Small Business Community
Get the latest news, resources and tips to help you and your small business succeed.
Perhaps the best way to approach team management is to opt for a platform that can make team management a lot easier. After all, an individual like you can only do so much.
You may have heard of various collaboration tools already due to the endless advertisements on YouTube and Facebook. Some of them are free, while some you have to pay for.
Collaboration tools like Open Phone tend to have tremendous effects on a team’s productivity, so don’t be afraid to invest in these tools. Of course, your team isn’t the only group of people you should worry about—there are also your customers.
Nurture Your Relationship With Your Customers
‘Customers’ isn’t a foreign species—they’re also human beings. And as usual with humans, part of the reason behind their decisions is due to their emotional attachment to you and your business.
Hence, nurturing your relationship with customers is another crucial part of startups.
After all, they’re the ones that will turn your startup into a full-fledged business. The question is—how can you nurture your relationships with your prospects, much less with strangers?
For starters, you can start by developing a website.
Websites tend to be a hotspot for prospects. If you can write good content, people will naturally flock to your website. It’s an excellent way to nurture your relationship because you’re providing real value with no price whatsoever. Below are a few tips to get you started with your website:
- Find a good hosting company
- Register for an easy-to-remember domain
- Use a reliable website builder like WordPress
- Look into search engine optimization
Once you start running a website, make sure you see it through. Don’t give up just because you’re not seeing the results you want, especially since there will be a tight competition.
Besides, running a website not only helps with customer relations, it can also deal with one of the elements of business—lead generation.
Constantly Look For Leads
Lead generation is the process of attracting prospects and turning them into customers.
The majority of this process involves cold calling prospects and getting them interested in your business, but you shouldn’t get so fixated on this method.
You have to know the proper steps to lead generation and take one step at a time. To be precise, lead generation revolves around the following steps:
- Discovery: First, the prospect will discover your business through a channel. This can be a social media platform, your website, a text, or a voicemail.
- Action: Once the prospect sees your business, there’s a chance that they’ll click the Call-to-Action (CTA) button, which can be an image, a link, or simply a button.
- Interest: Your prospects will usually get sent to the landing page upon clicking the CTA button, where they’ll see an offer, a discount, for example. If the offer seems interesting to them, they’ll proceed to the next step.
- Capture: In exchange for participating in the offer, they will have to fill in a form with personal information such as their contact number, address, and likes.
Upon filling the form, you’ll have successfully captured a lead. That’s usually how it goes, but some businesses develop unique strategies to skip a few steps.
Your goal is to continually look for leads, even if your business is doing very well. If you don’t, there will come a time when you won’t have any leads, and your sales will drastically decrease from there on, and you certainly don’t want that.
Develop Your Products And Services
Although team management, customer relations, and lead generation are crucial business elements, you ought to remember your products as well.
Product development is when a business looks for ways to improve its products and services.
For example, if you’re selling a mobile application, you need to fix bugs and make some improvements here and there. If you’re selling shoes, you’ll need to ensure their quality.
However, it’s not as simple as fixing issues and making improvements. There are a few things you need to consider when doing product development:
- Demand: First of all, you have to consider the demand for the product. Is it in demand, or is it becoming less popular? If its demand is declining, adding a unique function might help. If it’s the opposite, you have to avoid making drastic changes with the product.
- Logistics: You also have to worry about how the product leaves your warehouse and how the customers receive the products. If it’s a digital product, this may not be necessary.
- Competition: Naturally, you’ll need to look into your competition. Check if they’re making any changes with their products. If they are, try to adapt your product accordingly.
- Finance: Lastly, you have to remember that creating products cost money, and as a startup, you only have limited resources. Hence, sticking to an affordable plan is much more advisable than going for the extravagant option.
Product development isn’t supposed to be hard, so if you feel like you’re having too much trouble with this aspect, you might want to consider changing how you approach it.
Think of the most successful business on the internet. Did they become successful overnight? Did they have everything they need right from the get-go? Chances are, your answer to both of these questions is no.
Growing a startup isn’t easy, but it’s not too difficult either.
Besides, you might not become successful overnight, but you already have everything you need on the internet. You just need to learn how to look properly.
Some other articles you might find of interest:
Make your business rock with these business plan writing skills:
Would you like to know how investors value a startup?